As part of our tradition of helping lawyers and law students gain mastery of the legal lexicon through vocabulary building, we’ll be hosting our third edition of our legal vocabulary quiz. Our last edition was of course, fun and tricky, but to ensure our users keep improving, we’ve upped the ante this time by adding a few more unusual words to the list. So without further ado let’s see how well you do on the quiz this time.
(1) Subversion: Does this word mean
(2) Subrogate: Does this word mean
(3) Imperious: Does this word mean
(4) Sub judice: Does this word mean
(5) Unconscionable: Does this word mean
(6) Abjuration: Does this word mean
(7) Abalienation: Does this word mean
(8) Distrain: Does this word
Please select 2 correct answers
(9) Abatement: Does this word mean
(10) Surcharge; Does this word mean
Answers: 1=A 2=B 3=A 4=D 5=C 6=B 7=C 8=B 9=C 10=B
A youngish lawyer with penetrating insight, Patrick Herbert is the Editor-in-Chief and founder of Lawstudenthub, a site dedicated to helping new wigs find their footing in a trickily slippery legal profession and stay current with emerging developments in the legal industry. He holds an LLB from the University of Benin and a BL from the Nigerian Law School, Abuja. In his spare time, Patrick doubles as a professional writer and copyeditor.
If you have any urgent enquiries, you can email him @[email protected]