As part of our tradition of helping lawyers and law students gain mastery of the legal lexicon through vocabulary building, we’ll be hosting our third edition of our legal vocabulary quiz. Our last edition was of course, fun and tricky, but to ensure our users keep improving, we’ve upped the ante this time by adding a few more unusual words to the list. So without further ado let’s see how well you do on the quiz this time.
(1) Subversion: Does this word mean
(2) Subrogate: Does this word mean
(3) Imperious: Does this word mean
(4) Sub judice: Does this word mean
(5) Unconscionable: Does this word mean
(6) Abjuration: Does this word mean
(7) Abalienation: Does this word mean
(8) Distrain: Does this word
(9) Abatement: Does this word mean
(10) Surcharge; Does this word mean
Answers: 1=A 2=B 3=A 4=D 5=C 6=B 7=C 8=B 9=C 10=B
Patrick Herbert is the Editor-in-Chief and founder of Law Student Hub. He is an LL.B. Law graduate from the University of Benin, Nigeria. He’s a life enthusiast, a budding writer and internet entrepreneur. Patrick is deeply passionate about law and research and has inspired many with his thought-provoking articles. To get in touch, follow him on social media.