Made By Lawyers For Law Students.

Nigerian Law School Admission Requirements

Studying law is immensely expensive in Nigeria as elsewhere. But given the state of the Nigerian economy and the all-pervading recession going on in the country the authorities ought to have done something to lessen the financial burden borne by all law school aspirants. But it remains to be seen if that call would be headed.

The cost of attending the Nigerian Law School stands at N295, 000 Naira  and if we throw in the living expenses for the entire one year duration of the program and other incidental expenses, the sum could rise to nearly half a million Naira. That is somewhat huge considering the fact that students don’t spend anything near that amount in getting a 5 year LLB. In Nigeria.

To my way of thinking, the mammoth law school financial requirement must have been designed to act as a bottle neck to discourage the influx of people in the legal profession. With that said, let’s high light the Nigerian Law School requirements in the ensuing paragraphs.

Nigerian Law School Requirement

To be eligible to be admitted into the one year compulsory law school training, you must have successfully completed a law undergraduate degree (in this case an LLB.). The courses offered at the Nigerian Law School, include Criminal Litigation, Civil Litigation, Property Law Practice, Corporate Law Practice and Law in Practice (ethics and skills).

Cost of attending the Nigerian Law School

The cost of attending the Nigerian Law School has been fairly stable over the years and the figures relied on here are based on the fees charged for the present 2016/2017 session. They are divided into those for Nigerians and Foreigners.

For Nigerians

E-Handbook (CD-ROM) N3,000
Facilities Maintenance N33,000
Quality Assurance N15,000
Security Services N15,000

Total: N295,000

For Foreigners

In the case of foreigners seeking admission at the Nigerian Law School, they are equally mandated to pay the same amount for every item on the above list with the exception of tuition for the Bar II and the fees for the Bar II exam. For the Bar II tuition, foreigners are required to pay $2, 500 dollars (N900,000 naira) as against the $30 dollars (N10,000 naira) levied on Nigerians. As for the Bar Part II exam fees, foreigners are to pay the total sum of $500.00 dollars. In total, foreigners are to pay $3,000 dollars (N1million naira) plus an additional $720 dollars (N260,000 naira) compared to $816 dollars (N295,000 naira) Nigerians are to pay in total.

Update: Guys, I just gathered that a lot of you are planning on attending the Nigerian Law School this year. But it appears from the messages I’ve been getting that some of you would like to have more information about the admission process. I’d like to assist you all in whatever small way I can. So you can direct whatever inquiries you have to me, filling out the contact form on this website and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Cheers

Patrick Herbert is the Editor-in-Chief and founder of Law Student Hub. He is an LL.B. Law graduate from the University of Benin, Nigeria. He's a life enthusiast, a budding writer and internet entrepreneur. Patrick is deeply passionate about law and research and has inspired many with his thought-provoking articles. To get in touch, follow him on social media.
69 Comments
  1. Israel says

I intend studying CIVIL LAW in Rome, Italy. The first four years are for a Licentiate degree and another two years for doctorate degree. I am planning to go straight six/seven years to obtain both the Licentiate and the Doctorate in that Civil Law in Rome. Can I still be admitted to the Nigerian Law School after obtaining a doctorate? Can I still be eligible for the Nigerian Law School after obtaining a Master’s degree and Doctorate degree in Civil Law?

2. Henry says

The senate has just amended the Act establishing the Open University of Nigeria thereby empowering NOUN Law graduates to go to Law School and NYSC. My question is, have they been given their own quota by the Law School?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Thanks Henry for bringing that development to my attention. And about your question, I have no idea what the Law Schools quota for NOUN law graduates is. But if I do find out I’ll be more than happy to let you know.

3. micheal says

can I use mass communication degree to enter law school

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hi Micheal. That’s definitely not possible. The Nigerian Law School is not a post-graduate institution that accepts all graduates wishing to get an advance certification. It’s restrictively a qualifying institution for only LLB. graduates seeking to become lawyers. Obviously, yours isn’t that. But if you’re in the UK, you could be admitted into the programme if you do one of those law conversion courses now offered in the UK.

4. Dike Michael says

Am an international student, studied Law at HNAUB, already have my LLB DEGREE. I need your help in securing admission into Nigerian law school…

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Michael.I’m flattered you want my help, but unfortunately I can’t be of any help to you since I don’t work there. Why don’t you contact them yourself. Let me know how it went.

5. Richard Attu says

I am Ghanaian LLB graduate interested in seeking admission @Nigeria Law School. I wan to find out my eligibility to the Nigeria Law School? I graduated from a university in Ghana

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Richard, thanks for leaving a message. As a Ghanian seeking admission into the Nigerian Law School, you’d be regarded as a Foreign National, wishing to practice law in Nigeria. Under the provision of the Legal Practitioners Act, only citizens of Nigerian who have obtained LLB degrees are eligible for admission into the Nigerian Law School. But that requirement of being a citizen of Nigeria may be waived in respect of persons who in the opinion of the Council of Legal Education (the body charged with the education of lawyers) have completed courses of study in law in any approved University with the award of an LLB.
      It’s clear you are eligible for having already obtained an LLB degree in your home country. However, I’m not too familiar with the procedure for admission into the Law School programme with particular regard to foreign Nationals. Usually, For Nigerian law graduates seeking enrollment at the law School, their graduating universities do often handle the admission process on their behalves. It’s unlikely your university would do that for you.
      I’d advise you do contact the Nigerian Law School yourself and make all the enquiries you need to commence the admission process. Hope this helps

6. Ubong Fidelis says

I want to know whether this information on the school fees is still relevant for 2017/2018 session. If it is, how does one pay?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Ubong. Thanks for leaving a comment. The figures on the Nigerian Law School fees provided here were based on those of the last session. However, it remains still relevant since fees have been seldom altered for the last decade. As a result, the tuition fees for last session might readily apply to the present session. When a candidate has applied for admission and been accepted, usually the Law School provides you a link to make the required tuition fees on the Schools official site. Hope this helps.

7. Mide says

Hi, at what point will I be needing my law school certificate at the nigerian law school. I just recently finished my LL.B program and I have no intention of going to collect my certificate till after bar exams

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Mide, thanks for leaving a comment. The Law School will request for your law degree certificate at any point before your call to bar. But if you haven’t got it, you can still go on to apply for the programme. But once you’re admitted, be sure you get it before the call to bar ceremony otherwise you’ll be disallowed.

8. POUTCHEU YOSSA MESMIN says

Hello Sir,

I am Poutcheu Yossa Mesmin a cameroonian with a bachelor degree in Private Law. After my law studies, I have worked in some local and international companies but now, I would like to enter the nigerian law school, in order to be enrolled in the Cameroon Bar Association. How can I apply for admission in this school? Looking forward to hearing promptly from you, Kind Regards

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Yossa, thanks for the comment. I understand you are seeking admission into the Nigerian Law School as a foreign national. By your own account, you seem eligible for the programme as complimented by your strong legal practice background. I’d advice you contact the Law School directly. If you can, pay the school’s admission office a visit for all admission enquiries or give them a call on their direct line. Do Keep me updated on your progress.

9. Folaranmi Habeeb says

Hi sir
    Please can I use a political science degree to pursue a law career

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Habib. Absolutely. As someone with already a first non-law degree, you could gain admission to study law in Nigeria via direct entry into year two. You can find Direct entry forms on the JAMB official site. Hope I’ve answered your question. Cheers.

10. Kenny Adebayo says

Good morning Patrick.. Please is it possible to have two posting to Nigeria law school.. Based on if you have two application no

1. Patrick Herbert says

That might be a tantalizing proposition in theory at least, Kenny. But in reality, it seldom happens. It’s one posting for each candidate since the Law School slots are quite limited.

11. emmanuel bokono says

I am cameroonian.
    Ist possible on line. I am foreigner as i said. please can you help me?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hi Emmanuel. I’d very much like to take your question, but I can’t understand exactly what it is you are asking. Could you be a little clearer? Thanks.

12. Oluwaseun says

hi Patrick Herbert I recently just graduated from the University of London LLB from recognized law school in Malaysia. As a full time law school will I be able to apply for Nigerian Law school as a foreign Student. As similar to Noun Student in Nigeria next year in 2018 due to senate amendment.

Thank you, and Best Regards.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Oluwaseun. As a law graduate of an approved foreign university, I see no reason why you aren’t eligible for law school. Of course, the course offerings and admission criteria for foreign trained law graduates radically differs from their Nigerian-trained counterparts, but even this doesn’t put you in any disadvantage. Your last remark seems to suggest your foreign university’s law programme bears an identity with the NOUN programme. If I’m correct, then this changes everything. In that case, you may experience difficulty getting accepted into the law school as graduates of that institution have. Hope I have answered your question. Wish you all the best!

13. jason says

sorry i want to study law abroad i want to know the countries that i can study it in that will grant me access to law school

1. Patrick Herbert says

You can study anywhere and still be admitted. But to avoid difficulties getting in, you might want to attend schools in countries with legal systems similar to Nigeria’s – Those with common law legal systems.

14. Tolu says

Hi Patrick, I want to resit bar part 2 exams,pls guide me

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Tolu. I’m flattered you’re turning to me for help but I don’t know precisely what guidance you need. Could you specify? Thanks

15. Miriam Etaka says

Hi good day. just want to find out if registration into the law school is done online? My younger sister want to further her education in law and I don’t know how to start with the registration process. please I need your help.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Miriam. If your sister is a graduate of a Nigerian University, she won’t need to apply to the law school herself. Normally, the graduating university issues the forms and processes the admission on her behalf while she pays the requisite processing fees. But if, on the other hand, she’s a foreign student (studied abroad), she’ll have to contact the law school herself and initiate the admission. Please, let me know her exact situation.

16. PRINCE EBBS says

Hello Patrick! I have a strong passion to being a lawyer, I’ve had my B.Sc in Insurance and my Masters degree in Insurance too both from Nigeria. I’d like to know if i could be admitted into the Nigerian Law school if i get a post graduate diploma in Law and an LL.M too.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hi Prince. I’m afraid to say that wouldn’t work. And the reason is simple. To qualify for the law school, you must hold at least a first degree in law, in this case, an LLB or it’s equivalent. But if you lack this, you won’t get admitted, even with a post-graduate diploma in law or an LLM. These programmes don’t impart the basic knowledge of law required for admission into the law school. But if I may be so forward as to make a suggestion, since you already hold a first non-law degree in insurance, your best course of action might be to get a law degree through direct entry into year two of any Nigerian law university of your choice. Then spend three additional years studying for the LLB. After which, you can apply to the law school for admission. Hope this helps.

1. PRINCE EBBS says

Thanks

17. Ikeji ndubuisi cephas says

Your Comment:goodday sir/ma!for someone who have bsc computer science&masters of international law&deplomacy.can he be admitted into law school.thanks sir,from mr ikeji.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Unfortunately not. Kindly see my reply to Prince Ebbs below, as that applies to you equally given you’re both faced with similar circumstances. I hope that has answered your question.

18. Ret says

Good Afternoon Patrick, I am a currently pursuing an LLB in the UK (in my final year) and i have been trying to apply for the Nigerian Law School Bar 1 programme but there is nothing on the website (i am a Nigerian citizen). Do i have to email them myself to initiate the application. Also, i saw on a previous website that i must have taken the following subjects to be admitted in the Law school: Law of Contract, the Law of Tort, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, the Law of Evidence, and Commercial Law. I didn’t take evidence, constitutional and commercial law. Do you think this is going to be a problem. Thank You.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Thanks for leaving a comment. As a foreign trained law graduate seeking admission into the NLS, both your course requirements and admission criteria differs essentially from those of your Nigerian counterparts. And so does the programme. All foreign students are only eligible to enroll for the Bar Part 1 and spend twice as much time as Nigerian trained law graduates before gaining eligibility for the Bar Part II. Whereas, Nigerian trained students go straight into the Bar Part 11 without needing to take any additional or remedial courses as their foreign counterparts. One reason for this separate criteria for Foreign and Nigerian students is because foreign students having schooled abroad could only have been exposed to the legal system of their foreign host country without been educated on that of their home country where they might subsequently seek admission for legal practice. The Nigerian law school authorities seem to have recognized this fact and have introduced certain compulsory law courses in their curriculum to remedy this apparent shortcoming. So it’s possible that even when you’ve not taken certain basic Nigerian law courses during your study abroad, you might still be allowed admission into the Nigerian Law School Programme provided the omitted courses are offered by the law school. . Evidence, constitutional law and commercial law are three indispensable courses for every Nigerian lawyer and a prerequisite for a successful legal practice in Nigerian. For this reason, they could pose a stumbling to your qualification for bar practice in Nigeria if you didn’t offer them in your foreign undergraduate study. Still, even if you didn’t, endeavor to speak with the schools admission office to find out if there might be any waiver for anyone in your situation. Phone calls and emails aren’t particularly effective ways of reaching them, but it might help if you could come to Nigeria and pay them a personal visit. I hope this helps.

1. Ret says

Thank you for your Reply. When do you think the admission process or Bar 1 will statrt.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Sorry Ret, but I have no idea. Why don’t you ring up the law school and find out.

19. Victor James says

Please when will payment of fees for the Nigerian law school 2017/2018 end?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Depending on the time of posting, candidates are often required to pay up the fees two to three weeks after posting. But if you’re on the last batch, you’ll have less time to do so. To know when yours is due, check what batch you are on.

20. Dola says

Does admission into the law school terminates? My sister graduated with LL. B a few years back but she hasn’t been to Law school due to some unfortunate circumstances. She however is ready this year. Please, can she still be admitted to Law school?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Yes, if by that you mean that someone who was admitted but couldn’t attend could reapply the following year. As you already know, the law school programme itself is year-long and admission isn’t on rolling basis but efflux’s at the end of that years session. That means persons who were admitted or eligible for admission but couldn’t apply (for reasons best known to them) could seek readmission in the next session, provided they didn’t pay tuition in the lapsed admission. Otherwise, the impression might be that such candidates did in fact accept the admission and in the ordinary way, are treated as resit candidates for having failed to sit for the bar exams. Hope this helps.

21. FRANCIS says

hello Patrick I have just been offered admission into hill city university Benin republic to study law, will Nigeria law school admits me after graduations

1. Patrick Herbert says

Why not? If the school is accredited. But just so you know, the Benin Republic legal system is based on the French one, that is civil law. Whereas, the Nigerian one, your own home country and intended place of legal practice is based on the British one – Common Law. I’m sure you are already aware of these differences between both legal systems and the possible challenges you might face when returning to practice in Nigeria before seeking to study there. In any case, be sure to find out if your proposed University’s course curriculum meets the Law School’s minimum criteria of basic legal knowledge for admission. I’d advise you check with the Universities handbook to see if it offers the basic law courses offered in law Universities across Nigeria. And if it does, then you might be admitted into the Nigerian Law School upon graduation. Hope this helps.

22. Makanjuola Joshua O. says

Greetings, Mr Patrick.
    I’m currently studying Law at NOUN but i have been for a while hearing of the ordeals encountered by NOUN Law graduates in getting enrolled at NLS. Recently, i was told the Senate had passed a bill which after being assented by the President, will pay way of entrance for NOUN Law graduates at NLS. I now want to know if you have any information or submission on this.
    Regards.

1. Patrick Herbert says

That’s an interesting piece of news for all NOUN law graduates. But at this particular moment in time am yet to hear of the senate reaching any such resolution. But who knows, it just might be under deliberation and could be made public once resolved. For now at least, all we can do is wait.

23. Collette says

Can nigerian law school accept a nigerian with a degree for international law from abroad?

1. Patrick Herbert says

To be accepted by the law school, a candidate must have been awarded a first degree in law of an approved institution. Yours sounds really like an advanced degree and to be frank here, that won’t get your foot in the door at the law school if you haven’t done any previous legal undergraduate studies.

2. Patrick Herbert says

Yes, if it’s a first degree in law as the LLB. But the one you speak of doesn’t seem so as it has the appearance of an advanced degree. Students with this degree don’t meet the law schools minimum criteria for admission and so may be refused admission.

24. Mohammed Bello says

Hi Patrick

I gained both my LLB (Hons) degree and Legal Practice Course Diploma a while back in London and have just last year completed a Master’s programme in Broadcast Journalism at City, University of London followed by a period of internship at the Economist Newspaper. Whilst I do not want to work as a broadcaster or journalist in the UK, I intend to use law as a fall-back provision, get qualified in Nigeria and either return to London as a foreign lawyer or practise in Nigeria. The hurdles are unrealistic here and this is the only way to get around the issue of a two-year training contract, which most people find hard to get. For those of you who qualified in Nigeria, you should be thankful to your stars. That said, please provide me with the telephone number for the law school in Lagos including the most up-to-date information on the time of the year foreign students can enrol and join the school, course duration including industrial attachment, which I understand is very highly regarded. I await your response and thank you for your time.

1. Patrick Herbert says

Hello Mohammed, thanks for leaving a comment. The duration of the law school training for foreign trained legal professionals seeking Nigerian bar admission is two years. You are first required to spend a year in the Bar I programme specifically for overseas trained lawyers and after completion, you can then join the Nigerian trained lawyers in the Bar II programme for an additional year before call to bar. Coming to time of enrollment for overseas trained lawyers, I have not the vaguest idea when that is. Normally, applications open in mid August through September for Nigerian trained lawyers. This often changes every year though. But overseas trained law school applicants have different dates to their Nigerian counterparts when they can apply for admission into the law school. I’d suggest you get on the phone to the law school for confirmation. As for the phone number to the Lagos law school, I have none of them, but’ll ask friends of mine who studied there for any. Once I do, I’ll post an update here in the commments so keep checking for any updates. Hope this helps.

25. karen says

Hi ,

I graduated with an LLB in 2004 from a Nigerian university but did not go to law school immediately for family reasons, I am ready for law school now in 2018 what will they require of me, not forgetting the gap between then and now

1. Patrick Herbert says

That’s a lot of time to wait before going to law school I’m sorry to say. Frankly speaking, until now, I haven’t heard of anyone waiting that long before seeking admission into the law school. On balance, an unexplained lag in completing ones studies at the law school might be taken by the authorities as proof that a candidate has lost interest in or touch with law and might very likely be refused admission. But even so, there are special considerations given if you can provide very strong reasons why you couldn’t attend so soon after graduation. You mentioned family reasons as being the reason you waited this long. That could a good reason they might consider you. Besides, you may have less trouble getting in since you graduated from a Nigerian institution. If you are seeking admission now, all you have to do is notify your alma meter of your readiness to attend since they are the ones who process admissions to the law school and they’ll let you know of your eligibility. I hope this helps.

26. Opé says

Hi Patrick,
    Please I have two questions:
    1. How important is the study of Jurisprudence for a Law student and is it a compulsory module for admission into the Nigerian Law School?
    2. How do you get this (3. Print a copy of your submitted online form and execute the jurat (form to
    be returned to the Council of Legal Education)) done?
    Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Regards

1. Patrick Herbert says

Thanks Ope for leaving a comment. Whether or not you studied jurisprudence is no requirement for law school admission. But given its practical value to the lawyers work, not offering it could pose a serious handicap to your career as a lawyer if you decide to go into practice. Even if you decide to join the bar, bench or become a legislator in the near future, there’s just no law-related sphere where the stream of this subject doesn’t flow into. Because in a very loose sense, lawyers themselves are philosophers, constantly theorizing about the meaning of law, it’s basis and the guiding principles. To do this, lawyers have to engage at a more deeper level of thinking while dealing with fundamental questions that strike at the law’s core. But the study of jurisprudence provides lawyers the helpful logical tools to pursue this fundamental undertaking, while equipping them as well with important terminologies in law. I’m not attempting a definition here but just trying to give an idea about the usefulness of this subject so you might see why its study is so pivotal.
      As per your second question, a jurat is a technical word for a statement at the end of an affidavit stating the date, place and name of the person before whom it was sworn. To execute it on this form you mention, you’ll need it sworn before a notary (a qualified lawyer) or you can visit any court near you to have it done. Hope this helps.

27. Oghenetejiri Tori says

Hello Patrick,

I’m currently a Law Student at Hill City University, Benin Republic. Will the NLS accept me after the completion of my programme?
    And also, I also have a Diploma in Law from the University of Calabar, will I also be required to do Bar 1? because I’ve done the core law courses earlier.

1. Patrick Herbert says

I’ve written an in-depth answer to a similar question from another law student in Benin Republic here on this comments section. Scroll below and you’ll find it.

28. Beri says

Dear Patrick. My kid brother would love to come to the law school in Nigeria next academic year. Please what is the total fees for foriegn students ( all compulsory fees). Also is the fee payed installmentally?. If yes in how many and when and how much is the first instalment.
    Thanks very much for your help

1. Patrick Herbert says

You’ll find them all listed out on this page. Just scroll up.

29. James says

Hello Patrick,

I am a foreign student. I just graduated from the Open University (UK) with an LLB Hons via distance learning. Is it possible to gain admission to Bar Part I at the Nigerian Law School.

Thks

1. Patrick Herbert says

It’s hard to tell really. While distance learning programmes have been around for a while now and have certainly gained a measure of worldwide recognition. However, it seems Nigeria, or the law school to be precise, have yet to warm up to the idea of a virtual law degree. Even here in Nigeria, law graduates of non-traditional university programmes like the National Open University, have faced considerable handicap gaining admission into the Law school. To this moment, not even their proposed legal action challenging their exclusion has yielded any result. Notwithstanding what I’ve said, still, it wouldn’t do you any harm to get in touch with the law school authorities to inquire about your chances of admission. If you can, give them a phone call right away. Cheers.

30. Simi Yesufu says

Hello. I would like to know if a graduate of International Law and Diplomacy in Nigeria could be admitted into the Nigerian Law School.

1. Patrick Herbert says

That’s a isn’t a recognized law degree so it doesn’t meet the minimum criteria for admission to the law school. So I’m afraid not.

31. Mathew says

Hey Patrick, just wanted to know how the postings to law schools are done, is it your decision to choose which location you want to school in or does the law school dispatch individuals like the Nysc? Thanks. Eg if i want to go to the one in Abuja, do i have that choice?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Thanks for leaving a message, Mathew. In principle, Law School applicants can and do have their pick of law school campuses to attend. But in reality, final decisions on posting to the various campuses, based on several considerations actually rests with the law school authorities. So sometimes, applicants may find themselves posted to a very different law school campus than the one of their choice.

32. priya says

Hello patrick. I have a few questions.
    When they say foreign students do they mean non Nationals or nationals with law degrees gotten abroad. My sisters law degree was gotten abroad, shes Nigerian does that mean she pays as a foreigner? Almost 1million naira plus.

Second she has to do bar 1 but i dont see fees for bar 1 listed. What will it cost her for bar 1 and subsequently bar 2.

Third i see accommodation is included..whats the accommodation like and what does it include or doesnt include. I see students residing off-campus, is it because of lack of space for the paid accommodation or personal choice?

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

1. Patrick Herbert says

For a profession that advocates precision and clarity of expression, it’s somewhat ironic that the Nigerian legal profession still employs certain imprecise words that do nothing but create lingering doubts and confusion in the minds of lay readers. We see this with the word “foreign” as a description used in relation to external law graduates wishing to enroll at the Nigerian Law School. While both non-nationals and nationals with law degrees from abroad are described as “foreign” however, at the Law School, there’s a world of difference, in both entry requirements and tuition fees, between non-nationals seeking Nigerian bar admission and nationals with foreign law degrees. Normally, both groups are enrolled into the the same programme known as the Bar 1 at the law school. But owing to the obvious difference in citizenship status between outright non-citizens with law degrees and Nigerian citizens who have received their legal education abroad, admission fees vary greatly for both. Nigerians pay much lesser in tuition fees. In comparison, foreigners pay way more. For example, the 1million naira plus estimate in tuition fees you mentioned applies only to non-citizens. But as a Nigerian citizen with a foreign law degree, your sister would definitely pay well below that amount in admission costs. As for the fees for the Bar I, they are not listed here, but any interested candidate could get the details with one phone call to the Law School. Sincerely speaking, I have no idea what the exact costing for the combined programmes might be. Coming to accommodation arrangements, whether a candidate resides on or off-campus is really a matter of personal choice. I hope this helps.

33. Olabusayo says

Good day,
    i was wondering,can a JD holder be admitted into the Nigerian law school?

1. Patrick Herbert says

Why not? A Jurisdoctor is, by its very nature, the traditional qualifying US law degree awarded to lawyers upon successful completion of their law studies. In relative terms, it’s the equivalent of the L.L.B. As a matter of fact, the Nigerian law school does enroll students with foreign law degrees as the JD into its special programme otherwise known as the Bar I. Through this training, foreign trained lawyers are grounded on the specifics and essentials of law practice in Nigeria and the Nigerian legal system.